Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Back in Time-The Wedding

As promised, I shall now recount all the beautiful details of our Wedding Day.

The Date: November 7, 2011

 
As many well know, this is the same date my
great-grandparents, grandparents, and parents
were married. This was my
"something blue"
on the inside of my wedding dress. All of our
initials with our respective wedding years.

The Ceremony: First Baptist Church of Alabaster

 
 
 
The church I grew up in and the place where
David and I still attend church. Jack was
dedicated here in June 2013.
 

The Reception: Magnolia Springs Manor, Helena



Beautiful southern home built in 1875.

The First Dance: Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley





I couldn't think of a more perfect song
to celebrate our first dance as husband and wife.
Complete with surprise "dip" at the end!
 

The Cakes: Debbie Hall

 
Hers: White Cake with Buttercream Frosting
     His: Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting
and Filling. Garnished with Peanut Butter Cups.


My very talented aunt listened to all my ideas
and created the two most delicious and
beautiful wedding cakes. Still tasted delicious
one year later!
 
 
The Dress: Pronovias from Bella Couture in Mt. Laurel
 
 

 
 

 
 

The Bouquet: Brooches and Jewels.
 
 
 

Along the bottom I had pictures of each of the generations that were married this day.
Here you can see my parents and David and I.

This was my
"something old".
From all the ladies in my family.
This is also where I carried my sorority badge.
 
The Flowers: White hydrangeas and handmade paper rose boutonnieres.

 
The Décor: Rhonda Brantley.
 
The Photographer: Kellen Jacob Photography

 
Every little girl dreams of her wedding day. Who? When? Where? How? For me, it was the day I had always dreamed of. From the prince, to the dress, to the church, and right down to every little embellishment on the pew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment